We are fundraising to help reduce violence against women and girls by addressing the root causes of violence.
In the Pacific Islands, facing sexual assault or domestic violence is a daily fear, with
2/3 of women & girls facing violence in their lifetimes.
Your donation helps:
- Improve laws to meet basic international human rights standards
- Trains doctors and nurses how better to treat survivors, document evidence, and testify at trial
- Trains judges and lawyers to better enforce laws, without discrimination
- Creates legal technology tools to promote data-driven judicial reform
- Trains local orgs to conduct sexual harassment training programs for businesses and governments
- Raises awareness to reduce the stigma associated with sexual and gender-based violence
By opening the avenues to justice, we help eliminate the cycle of violence against women and girls in these communities.
Thank you for your generosity!
Every day, women and girls seeking justice are turned away from the very systems that are supposed to help them.
- 300+ senior legal officials, magistrates, and civil society advocates trained.
- Our data helped change laws in Solomon Islands to enhance penalties in sexual offense cases.
- Groundbreaking report published on gender-bias in the judiciary.
- Training for medical professionals developed to better evidence collection and ability to testify.
Learn more about ICAAD's collective impact in the Pacific Island region:
The ICAAD Team
Learn more about the project